By : Ranjana Bhandari, GPT English Teacher, GHPS Hulkutri.
The Gymnastic Clock – M.C. Devies
Gymnastics – Physical exercise designed to develop strength and coordination. ದೈಹಿಕ ಕಸರತ್ತು
clock : a machine for measuring time – ಗಡಿಯಾರ
plain : simple, clear – ಸರಳವಾಗಿ, ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟವಾಗಿ
forget : put away from the memory – ಮರೆಯುವುದು
exercise : engage in physical activity to sustain and improve health and fitness, physical routine for training muscles – ವ್ಯಾಯಾಮ
lower : less high – ಕೆಳಗೆ, ಕೆಳಗಿಳಿಸು
tired : to make weary, to loose patience with – ಆಯಾಸಗೊಳ್ಳು
face : the front part of the head – ಮುಖ, ವಸ್ತುವಿನ ಮುಂದಿನ ಭಾಗ
boast : to talk proudly about yourself, Talk with excessive pride and self satisfaction about one’s achievements, possessions or abilities. ಬಡಾಯಿ ಕೊಚ್ಚು, ಜಂಬದಿಂದ ಹೊಗಳಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವುದು
arms : the part of the body between the shoulder and the hand – ತೋಳುಗಳು, ತೋಳಿನಾಕಾರದ ವಸ್ತು
Rhyming words :
me – be
rises – exercises
know – so
way – day
you – too
me – he
When you make a thing, an idea, or an animal do something that only human beings can do.
Example : ” Wind yells while blowing”
This is an example of personification because wind cannot yell. Only human being can yell.
Example of personification in the poem :
1) It talk as plain as plain can be
2) And says, each morning as it rises
- Difference between the American and the British method of writing the date.
- The American method of writing the date is 10/17/21. First month, day and year.
- But the British method of writing the date is 17/10/21. Here first day, month and year.
- In India we follow the British method.
Poem – The Gymnastic Clock
7th std | new syllabus 2017 | 2nd language English | 1st poem lyrical video |the gymnastic clock ಪದ್ಯದ ಮಾದರಿ ಗಾಯನಕ್ಕೆ ಮೇಲಿನ ಲಿಂಕ್ ಮೇಲೆ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ