Task A : What is special about your friend ?
Task B : Listening the story of Krishna and Sudhama.
ಕೃಷ್ಣ ಮತ್ತು ಸುಧಾಮ ಕಥೆಯನ್ನು ಇಂಗ್ಲೀಷ್ ನಲ್ಲಿ ವೀಕ್ಷಿಸಲು ಮೇಲಿನ ಲಿಂಕ್ ಮೇಲೆ ಕ್ಲಿಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ.
Task C : The qualities of a good friend. (in coloured)
cunning, helpful, angry, understanding, bad, generous, kind, rude, sensitive, impatient
Competency : Naming words, Expressing about self.
Naming words :
Nouns (Naming Words)
Read the following sentences:
The boy is laughing.
I have a brown cat.
They live in Australia.
He has a toy car.
The word boy is the name of a person.
The word cat is the name of an animal.
The word Australia is the name of a place.
The word toy car is the name of a thing.
Words which are used as names of persons, animals, places, or things are called Nouns. Everything we can see or talk about is represented by a word that names it. That “naming” word is called a Noun. All naming words are Nouns.
Examples of Nouns :
People : soldier, sister, teacher, aunt, cousin, lawyer etc.
Animals : squirrel, rat, lizard, tiger, lion, camel, zebra etc.
Places : house, London, park, beach, office, factory, shelter etc.
Things : table, book, pen, pizza, book, flower, ring etc.
In the following sentences underlined words are Nouns.
1. Look, the bus is coming.
2. I gave flowers to the teacher.
3. Ashok is a brave boy.
4. The girl is playing with her doll.
5. He saw a monkey up a tree.
Expressing about self :
- My name is Anjali Sharma.
- I am a 6 year old girl and I stay in New Delhi..
- I have two older brothers and I’m the youngest member of my family.
- My father is a doctor and my mother is a school teacher. They love all of us dearly.
- I study in Class 1 at St. Teresa Convent. I love going to school every day.
- I respect all my teachers and I have many friends at school.
- I love to play with dolls and toys with my friends.
- I love eating chips and ice cream. My parents take us for a picnic once every month.
- My hobbies are watching cartoons and listening to music once I return from school every day.
- I enjoy watching the stars in the night sky and want to become an astronaut when I grow up.
1) My name is Anjali Sinha, and I am a bright student of class 6th studying in Model Convent School, Delhi.
2) I am the Class Monitor of 6th standard and favourite to all my teachers.
3) My interest lies more in sports, and I love to play Badminton.
4) I am also the winner of last year’s Inter-School Badminton Championship.
5) I am not only interested in sports but also a decent student as far as academics is a concern.
6) My other hobbies include watching movies, travelling and reading children’s magazines.
7) My family comprises of my mother, my father, my younger sister and my grandparents.
8) I am more close to my mom and my younger sister, and I share everything with them.
9) I am very much fond of eating and like to eat lots of Panipuris, Pastries and Cakes.
10) I like to spend most of my time with my family because I enjoy the company of them, and I also learn ethics and social values.
Once upon a time in the city of Syracuse lived two friends, Damon and Pythias. Both of them were lovers of truth. However, their king, Dionysius was an evil-minded ruler. One day, the king heard that Pythias had called him cruel and had said something against him. So he got very angry. He announced that Pythias would be punished for this and hanged.
(In the court of King Dionysius. Dionysius is on the throne. Pythias’ hands are tied behind. Soldiers are on his either side.)
Pythias : O King! Please allow me to go and meet my old mother and my sister, before I die. I must arrange for my sister’s marriage and bid goodbye to my mother. After that I will return. This is my last wish.
King Dionysius : Impossible , I cannot grant your wish. How can I be sure that you will return?
(Damon enters the scene)
Damon : Sir, I’m Damon and a true friend of Pythias. Please let him go to fulfil his last wish. I will remain in your custody until he returns.
King Dionysius : All right Pythias, but on one condition. I will fix the day and the hour of your return. If you do not return in time, your friend Damon will have to die instead of you.
So, Pythias was granted his last wish. He went home, completed his work and hurried back to Syracuse. He had to face many dangers and so he was delayed. On the fixed day, Pythias had not returned. As a result, Damon was taken to be hanged.
(In the court of King Dionysius. Dionysius is on the throne. Damon’s hands are tied behind. Soldiers are on his either side.)
King Dionysius : Where is your friend now, Damon? He has left you here to die. I’m certain that he will not return. You are a fool to be here, in his place.
Damon : You are mistaken. I know that Pythias will keep his promise. He will be back in time. Even if he does not come back,
I will be happy to die in his place as I love him dearly.
( Pythias enters the court hall running, gasping for breath. Damon embraces Pythias and weeps)
Pythias : I have come, please do not kill Damon. I have come back to take the punishment. Please hang me.
Damon : No, please hang me. If he were to be late, then I would have been hanged. So I am to be punished.
(Both of them argued for some time. At last ….)
King Dionysius : Never in my life have I seen such friendship. Both of you have kept your promises. I am happy to know that such friendship exists. I set you both free!
Words to know :
Certain : sure – ಖಂಡಿತ
Impossible : something that cannot happen – ಅಸಾಧ್ಯ
Fulfil : to do what is hoped for – ನೆರವೇರಿಸು